Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Beatitudes - Pure in Heart

 I realise it has been some time since I shared something on my blog. My life away from the computer has become very busy - not in a negative way at all.  I will not promise to share something every month or even every second month but I still plan on sharing my mini kits to those who visit my blog and want to use what I have made.

For this time I chose the Beatitude from Matthew chapter 5 verse 8 : Blessed are the pure in heart for that shall see God.

I found these devotional words on a website which did not include the authors name:

The first thing we learn from this beatitude is that Jesus is concerned with our heart. It is not enough to clean up our act on the outside.

The heart is what you are, in the secrecy of your thought and feeling, when nobody knows but God. And what you are at the root matters as much to God as what you are at the visible branch. "Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." I Samuel 6:7

So the heart is utterly crucial to Jesus. What we are in the deep, private recesses of our lives is what he cares about most. Jesus did not come into the world simply because we have some bad habits that need to be broken. He came into the world because we have such dirty hearts that need to be purified.  

 Jesus shows us the way to have a pure heart. He wants us to follow his example. 


You can download this mini kit HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.